5/2/11

Badger

Badger is a multi-purpose and multi-platform program designed to help System Admins and Power Users in everyday tasks and to help End Users do system administration tasks. It is going to cover everything in system administration from simply getting information about the system and logging it, to more advanced uses such as mass copy/move jobs, data administration, user permissions, etc. I am beginning by making the program simple and starting by scripting the program in Bash, Batch, and Python. As those are the languages I know. The program will start as a simple script utility and work its way up to becoming a full GUI program. I plan to have it be written in as many different programming languages as possible to insure that it is usable on all kinds of operating systems. I am a beginning programmer myself and thus need help and ideas on what to put into Badger plus an extra hand and brain is always a nice addition!

No comments: